Are yogurts like Yoplait's Yo-Plus safe for pregnant women to eat?

These yogurts are specifically designed to help digestion, but I was wondering if it is safe for pregnant women because of certain things it has in it.

My wife's OB said to avoid the ones with fruit in the bottom when my wife developed gestational diabetes. Prior to that, yogurts were OK. 

The ones with "probiotics" are supposed to be especially helpful in preventing/treating yeast infections.

I am trying to be really careful about what I put on my skin, and in my body while I am pregnant too. I had a craving for salad with ranch dressing. So I went out and bought that really expensive new salad dressing with no artificial anything. Well I was reading the ingredients list and I saw something that I wasn't familiar with. It was natamycin. Sounded like a fungicide or something. So I looked it up and I found the latest research on it from the 1960's. I had been administered to pregnant rats and dogs during testing and they had birth defects. So the conclusion for human food safety was that it was a natural food preservative that causes birth defects in animals at high dosages but is unknown to cause birth defects in humans (of course because you can't test on pregnant humans) and may not because humans would consume less than the doses administered in the research. 
So even though it seemed as if it was safer, in fact it was not. So I threw it away and went and bought the regular old stuff that I had known pregnant women to be eating for years instead of this new fangled food product that had unknown results on pregnant humans. My suggestion to you is just look up any ingredients that you don't feel sure about and see what the research says, that is truly the only way us pregnant women can try to be safe. We can't depend on the scientists and government. But thank the lord for the internet.