Does working at McDonalds make me a nobody in life?

NO! Particularly if you are in the habit of using the word Plebeian. No if anything this is humbling experience that will teach you humility. All work is admirable. All work is respectable. You are producing something for the benefit of those around you and you should be proud. Now some will put you down and poke fun at the triviality of flipping burgers etc. but you are creating more tangible value for your community than a bank manipulating financial systems to create money and debt from nothing! And they're rich! So hold your head up and flip that burger with pride! And use that time to think hard about what you really want to do and how to do it. Good luck!

No. When I was younger, after getting my bachelors degree in liberal arts, I ridiculed a friend working at McDonald's. I thought my office file clerk job was better (maybe a whole $1.50 an hour more). But then she stayed with McDonald's and moved up, and eventually worked her way up to district manager. McDonald's paid for her degree. Now she has a much higher position than me and makes much more money, and has really good benefits. I have a different type of job now, but I'm still at the same level where I started and in the same salary level. 

No, it doesn't. We've all had jobs we disliked and made us feel down, so I can relate. What would make you a nobody is if you were physically and mentally able to work, but purposely weren't. But you're getting out there and working and making your own way! And this doesn't have to be your job forever. My brother was working in a fast food restaurant and then got into a job working with pensions. Maybe go to a career counselor or look at a college or university or trades program. Good luck :)

Just remember, over 70% of McDonald's senior management in Oak Brook, IL were promoted from within. I also worked for eight years at McDonald's, and my restaurant manager started on table (assembling sandwiches). The only reason I myself did not advance is because I receive Social Security Disability, and can only work part-time.

Building a worth ethic is incredibly important. I tell me kids they should work at McDonald's or any other service type job when they are old enough. Use this time to learn how to communicate with your customers. Work hard at it get those promotions. Micky D's is a good starting point, but do what you can to move onward and upward in a year or two.

You will be a nobody if you stay there. Those type jobs are called entry level where you gain experience and build a credit history and then move on to something better. Never stop looking. Be very protective of your credit history and police record since perspective employers will use any bad press against you.

It depends on how long you've worked there and if you own the franchise. 
If you've been there 10 years and are still an entry level employee and the only raises you get are when the minimum wage goes up, then yes, you probably should feel bad. 
But if you've been there 20 years, started at the bottom, worked your way up to shift leader, manager, store manager, general manger, regional manager and then becoming the owner of a store, then I commend you.

It is actually the complete opposite. You're working, learning, growing, maturing, taking on responsibilities. earning your own money, paying your own way. 

Having a job means the exact opposite. Just because the job is at McDonald's doesn't diminish the facts at all. Even the CEO of SONY had to start somewhere.

No... Everybody has to start somewhere. Even if you aren't starting there, if you like it, do it! Too many people go around in life and don't enjoy their lives... I've been in retail at a small grocery store for 3 years now. I've been a job hopper and i always find myself right back in the same store and as long as i work hard and keep my bosses happy, they'll always be there for me too. Be confident in yourself and your work! Things will work out.

No. McDonalds was my first job and it taught me a lot. It got me lasting friendships, know how to work under pressure and made me a better person. People who look down on fast food workers tend to be snobby.

Noo. YOU HAVE A LIFE YOU EARN NONETHELESS WHERE HOW DO IT if you like do it. 
You'll get some money and some free food! Also nobodys are those who do nothing in life as in a job and live on other people's money:)

Being jobless and no money would make you a nobody...habing a job...no matter what it is won't!

No, at least you have a job! A lot better than being a bum at home doing nothing! So you should be proud of yourself.

Everything depends on your own perspective. Being somebody has nothing to do with occupation

deff NOT! Be glad you have a job unlike alot of deadbeat people. your getting paid as long as at the end of the week you get a check ! YOU SHOULD FEEL VERY PROUD! :)

No, every job has its own experience and in person's life job is first priority. In every job person learns alot.