Will I get arrested at Mcdonalds ?

I ordered just a fish fillet, but they accidentally gave me a meal, when I only paid for the sandwich. I didn t say anything, and just left. Is this Mcdonalds fault, or will I be arrested?

I have worked at different McDonald's for more than 10 years of my life. Absolutely nothing will happen; you have no idea how much food we throw out at the end of the night (at least five pounds of fries daily, not to mention mass quantities of meat).

It's called a mistake. There was no premeditation on your part. No person 
wakes up every day and says, "Hey, 
I hope some restaurant throws me a 
freebie today." Of course not! 

If this bothers you, just figure out the 
difference (what you owe) and mail it 
to them. Anonymously. They'll get their 
money, you'll clear your conscience. 

Final point-I'll bet this happens at least 
once a shift. People get really busy, can't 
keep track of everything, and make a miscalculation. Does the company go out of business? Nah! P.S. Beware of that person named Misty on here. She 
gave an answer too. She might be a little 
...you know. 

Remember the movie with Clint Eastwood? It had Misty in the title, 
too. Tape a periscope to your face 
so you can watch your own back...

You won't get arrested. 

Its 100% McDonalds fault. 

I work in a small fast food franchise, and this happens rarely. We do sometimes make chips, as we read it wrong, but If it does go out to the customer, we just let them go without hesitation. It's not your fault, it is theirs.

Going to court for a meal is way more expensive in court than the meal itself. I highly doubt that you will be arrested for taking a meal free lol. You just got a freebie lol

precisely, it could be regarded as fraud, because you hardly misunderstand / forget what you have actually ordered (beef burger and chicken burger would be mistakenly received without doubt) despite their mistake. but you can still excuse that you are in hurry and i don't think mcdonals condemns you as it is originally their fault.

That is entirely their fault. If you had actively taken someone else's order and tried to leave with it they could get angry, but if that is what they handed you then that is their problem, not yours. Sometimes they even do this on purpose so that you can see what other foods taste like and maybe order them the next time you go there. Don't worry about it. Enjoy.

No, you won't get arrested since it was the restaurant's fault. But a good person would've told the employee they accidentally got the order wrong,